- October 22, 2014
- Posted by: 1Solutions
- Category: Uncategorized
Among the different e-commerce platforms, opencart is the one that is very easy to install and use. It is because of this reason that it has gained much popularity in the last few years and has developed a good support base. In addition to the above, the fact that there are a lot of free and paid add-ons / extensions available for opencart naturally makes it a preferred choice for many webmasters. Today we will discuss about some of the best freely available add-ons for opencart that enhance the usability as well as the user experience of an opencart based eCommerce store.
A) Category: VQMOD
- Add all zones: This adds on allows the user to add all the zones to a Geozone only in one click and does not overwrite any of the core files.
- Cart Pop up: This add on opens up the dynamic cart pop up in the header every time a product is added to the cart.
- Google analytics eCommerce tracking: Allows webmaster to track and review the various aspects of user transactions and activity on the website.
- Seo ultimate: Makes the website SEO ready
B) Category: Payment gateway
There are a lot many merchants the have provided their respective payment gateway add-ons free in the opencart extensions library owning to open cart’s popularity. A few most popular ones to name:
- Amazon payments UK
- Barclays ePDQ payment gateway
- EBS Payment Getaway
- First Data Connect
- Google Wallet for Digital Goods
- ICICI Payseal Payment
- HDFC Payment Gateway
C) Category: Reports
Add product costs and profit reports: This extension provides the ability to add product cost to the product and then report profits by month, year or by selecting a date range. Another advantage of this extension is that it is Multilingual.
- Regions and Customers: This extension displays a list of countries / regions along with the number of registered customers in each region.
- Stock Report: A basic but essential plugin that helps the webmaster keep track of the inventory.
D) Category: Promotional / Marketing
- Social coupon: This extension allows the webmaster to provide discounts to the users who share the website url via any of the social sharing websites like Facebook, Twitter, Google plus and others. This is a great plugin for socially marketing the website.
- Opencart refers a friend program: This extension helps the webmaster to launch a referral program offering discounts and rewards to the customers and their friends. Another great extension for marketing and creating awareness amongst targets users.
- Coupon code generation while registering a new client: This extension automatically generates a coupon code and sends the same to the newly registered user’s email address. Helps attract more customers to the website and bolster sales.
Though there are hundreds of other extensions available as well as we have endeavored to mention a few we came across and used often. We hope that this article proves to be of help to our audiences. We will try to come up with a much more detailed article on this topic providing further insights to our readers.
1Solutions is a professional Website Design & development company which expertise in eCommerce website development, WordPress design & development, custom programming, designing in Photoshop, responsive website development, facebook marketing, search engine optimization, reputation management, social media marketing, google adwords etc.