- November 6, 2014
- Posted by: 1Solutions
- Category: Uncategorized, website designing
Everyday thousands of websites come into existence, but hardly 10% of them are able to attract users.
What do the other half websites lack?
Design, look, feel and functionality are the factors that make a website lively and compelling for a visitor. In fact, there are nearly 200 factors, including usability, color scheme, functionality, and compatibility with different devices, coding structure, CMS and good optimization that make a website user friendly. If all these components put together in a structured way can result in a compelling website from the search engine and the users’ point of view. Here are some important tips and technique to enhance the usability of a website.
1. Attractive Layout Design: Visitors hate the most such sites that use crazy graphics with an unpleasant color scheme with old look gathering clusters. A compelling website must follow basic design principles like proper interlinking of sub pages, background and text color, use of relevant images, perfect alignment that can enhance the readability of quality content.
2. Use of images, graphics and multimedia: A website should not have more than four colors and the text color should be in contrast to increase the readability of the content. Images and graphics should be used in the way that it looks a part of the information you are providing not to distract the readers. The more the images the more your website may be heavy; therefore all the images should be optimized so they don’t slow down the site. Multimedia should be thoughtfully to improve the site to serve a specific purpose. All audio, video and flash files should be displayed with media plug-ins and links to download if required.
3. Good quality and organized content: A great website design may look great and can entice visitors for a few seconds, but it is the content that bound the users for a long time and compels them to return repeatedly. Content with common and easily readable fonts in brief paragraphs with the use of headings to highlight the gist of the content should be used to make the content accessible with a few clicks.
4. Navigation: Easy error free navigation lets the user access the page that they intend to. Best navigation practice is interlinking between internal pages and the all other hyperlinks in the header, footer and menu bar must work properly. Use of breadcrumb navigation can ease the users to know the path if he or she wants to go back to the main page. An amalgam of a stylish design and easy navigation and proper linking to various social networking sites will make your users to like and share your product or services easily.
Suffice to say that smart use of color scheme and logo that represent your product or service, use of menus to avoid page clutter, and chic functionality in presenting overviews and services to make it easy for a user to move around the site smoothly. While designing your website, keep in mind that it should be easy for your customers to find what they are looking for.
1Solutions is a highly qualified website designing company that provides SEO Friendly Web Design tips, insights, Internet marketing strategies or professional services includes WordPress development, custom design for logos, eCommerce, corporate websites, etc.