- February 6, 2019
- Posted by: Atul Raikwar
- Category: Google Updates, News
Tech giant Google has rolled out a new Chrome extension called Password Checkup. The Chrome extension will automatically check whether you password is compromised in a data breach or not. With this new Chrome extension the company aims to keep the Google Accounts safe by proactively detecting and responding to security threats.
In an official post the company said, that it will automatically reset the password of your Google Account if it may have been exposed in a third party data breach as a security measure which reduces the risk of your account getting hacked.
The company also adds that if it detects that a username and password on a particular website you use is one of over 4 billion credentials that we know have been compromised then the extension will send an automatic warning and suggest that you change the password immediately.
Here’s how to use the Password Checkup Chrome extension
- Firstly, users need to install the Password Checkup extension on Chrome
- Then they will notice a Password Checkup icon in the browser bar
- Now as soon as you sign-in using unsafe credentials then the Chrome extension will send an alert
- After the warning users can change their password in order to prevent their account from hacking.