- August 3, 2016
- Posted by: 1Solutions
- Category: Marketing Services, Online Reputation Management, Social media
The advent of the internet has been a boon for mankind. Although associated with some rare cases of cybercrime and hate preaching, it has been instrumental in uplifting the general way of life. The birth of social media among other things has completely changed the face of information as we know it.
It is said that 90% of the data created in the world has been created in the last two years and companies both big and small and from every sector want a slice of the pie. And with everything going digital from buying shoes to booking train or flight ticket, marketing has too.
Right now digital marketing is the most powerful marketing tool that companies can employ to increase their sales and make consumers aware of their products. Marketing is a powerful tool and affects how people feel about a product. Add to this Social media marketing and you will find a world full of opportunities.
People just 50 years ago believed that smoking was beneficial and caused whitening of the teeth! Such is the power of information and how it is presented. An online presence is a must for companies these days.
However, one cannot be present everywhere. There are many things that a business owner has to worry about and he/she cannot be doing everything by himself/herself. Delegating is an integral part of doing business. Not only does delegating reduce the work load but might provide better results too. A person might be an average developer but might have excellent marketing skills or might be average at communicating but possess excellent technical skills. So who does one delegate the task of building a brand on the internet?
A brand is the lens through which a product is viewed. It is hence of utmost importance that the lens is kept shiny. With the internet being a sensitive place with little or no control over what might catch the public’s attention next, a false move might be the end of developing or even fully developed brands. But not having an online presence is not an option either. Online Reputation Management companies are the answer to the conundrum here. These companies ensure that one does not pull out their hair from the roots while looking to build a name for the company.
What does an Online Reputation Management do to enhance a company’s image? For instance there is bound to be criticism about a company’s products. Even the iPhone has its set of critics! Nevertheless these companies will involve such critics in meaningful conversations so as to gain something meaningful and actionable. This not only enables one to build upon the quality of the product but also gives the impression that the company is customer centric and cares about how their goods or services are being received by users.
Advantages to Online Reputation Management:
1. ORMs help in search engine rankings too. A search engine optimized content is not only about having keywords but it is about using keywords in a meaningful way so as to provide value to the website visitors.
2. Maintain and increase visibility on proper channels. These channels might be social media sites like Facebook or LinkedIn or video streaming sites like YouTube. Social media sites are the best way to target one’s audiences as they provide a highly segmented group of consumers. For example a men’s grooming product like a shaving cream would have no effect whatsoever on the fairer sex and is only relevant to men. ORMs not only ensure that the visibility and the reputation of the increase but also that it reaches the correct people.
3. There might be people who look to malign your business by posting fake, incorrect and potentially damaging information. ORMs will lend a helping hand in dealing with such cases by weeding out such characters.
4. In general, Online Reputation Management is about making the best use of the internet use of the internet to promote one’s business while taking care that the negative sentiments do not simmer and get out of hand.
The internet age is just getting started. With the march of time the internet as a tool will only grow more influential. It is never too late to tap into the growth but there is a saying which says that the early bird gets the worm emphasizing on the need to act quickly and decisively to gain the most from this wave. The internet and marketing combined can do wonders for a company’s health with Online Reputation Management companies gaining a lot of traction with businesses. Do not miss out.
You May Also Like :- Online Reputation Management – The Ultimate Guide