WordPress is the most used blogging platform; it’s easy to use and cost effective. Since it is a stand alone platform it has its security on stick through. WordPress is inbuilt with a secure and solid framework. Weak passwords are one of the many factors that would lead a website to getting hacked. Fortunately there are a number of security plugins available and some of them are really good in securing WordPress from getting hacked. So, in this article we are going to cover most of the plugins that are effective, so one can compare before making a choice. WordPress Security Plugins:
1. Wordfence Security: WordFence security comes with both premium and free version and covers ups a number of unique features like Malware, Antivirus, Country Blocking, Security, Login Security, Secure, Firewall, WordPress Security, Security Plugin, Block Hackers, Web Application Firewall.
2. iThemes Security: Gives protection and security over 30+ ways . It not only hides the vital areas but also monitors important files by preventing brute force protection, hiding both login and admin pages, two factor identification, ticketed support. It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5
3. WP security and firewall: All in one WP security and Firewall is a very easy to use, stable and well supported. It is an ideal one with rating of 4.8 out of 5
4. Sucuri Security: Sucuri monitors the files, malware detection and security hardening. It controls the hackers from stealing the data from your system and if hacked by any chance the information will remain secured in your system. This one is good plugin for your WordPress with a rating of 4.6% out of 5.
5. WP Antivirus site protection: This plugin performs scans of all files to secure WordPress. It detects Trojan horses, worms, backdoors, adware, spyware, rootkits, and hidden links and removes them. It has a rating of 3.5 out of 5.
6. Clef Two – Factor Authentication: Clef plug in has a unique an interesting way to login to your account. With WordPress login screen opened and Clef app opened on your mobile that is both need to be lined up on two devices. It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5.
7. Google Authenticator: This plugin uses two steps to authenticate when a user tries to login to his/ her WordPress site. It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5.
8. Brute force Login Protection: This plugin boosts of being the simplest and easy to use method. With a rating of 4.1 out of 5 • It limits the number of logins attempted within a specified time • With a rating of 4.1 out of 5
9. Bulletproof Security: It is an easy to use one click setup plugin that is effective and reliable. Covering three major areas: Login, database security and firewall. It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5
10. VaultPress: It is an easy way to backup your files on a daily basis by synching all of your content. It has a rating of 4.5 out of 5